Thursday 7 August 2008

Cold Noodle Salad

My pie is in the oven, my family is coming over to eat it within the hour (I was supposed to make it yesterday but didn't have time), and my kitchen is a disaster. At this moment I should really be downstairs getting ready, but instead I am sitting hear inhaling my dinner and dying to share it with you all. I am sure you can guess what won that battle ;)

I had been looking for something quick, involved minimal 'cooking' as we have a mini heat wave going on, and lastly vegetarian. This one fit the bill perfectly, and is delicious. To be honest there is a slight chance that I am on my second bowl of it :)

Cold Noodle Salad (Courtesy of Emeril, with minor modifications)

Cold Noodle Salad


1/4 cup honey
1/4 cup soy sauce
4 teaspoons sesame oil
1 pound whole wheat spaghetti noodles, cooked until tender and the run under cold water to cool
1/2 cup thinly sliced green onions
3/4 cup thinly sliced carrots
3/4 cup cucumber, peeled, seeded, and thinly sliced
1 cup lightly crushed toasted cashews
3 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro


In a small bowl, whisk together honey, soy sauce and sesame oil. To the noodles, add green onions, bean sprouts, carrots, cucumber, cashews, cilantro, sesame seeds, and the soy mixture and mix thoroughly.

Enjoy!

No comments: